Actor & Artist Kevin Page Opens Art Gallery In Dallas
DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – You may know Kevin Page as the Character Bum on the TV series Dallas or from his role on the PBS show Wishbone, but did you know he’s also an artist? He creates masterpieces by combining 21st century technology with a 19th century painting technique called pointillism.
Pointillism is placing small dots of color on a canvas forming a pattern that creates an image. Most artists don’t use this technique due to the physically damaging effects to the body. But Kevin was approached by a scientist with a PHD in electrical engineering who created a system for isolating the physically crippling aspects of pointillism by using a robot.
Kevin shared how it works. “The robot does all the paint placement and the artist does all the paint mixing and all the decisions about the composition.”
The pain of the process goes away but not the creativity. Kevin is able to make painting 100 faster than by hand and is the only artist in the world creating monumentally scaled works of pointillism.
His gallery is filled with his work, but the most dear to him is his first. “It’s the Mona Lisa, I did a version of the it close up. Many artists will wait their entire career to paint their masterpiece, I just decided to start with mine.”
The Kevin Page Gallery officially opens on September 21st in the Valley View Mall.
- Free Chicken Strips With Concealed Handgun License
- Top 5 US Sports Moments
- 10 MLB Players Making Less Than Bobby Bonilla
- Fort Worth Fire: Missing Kayaker’s Body Found In Trinity River
- First Human Case Of West Nile Fever Reported In North Texas
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time