RICHARDSON (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Richardson are trying to determine who left a dead goat hanging from a goal post Friday on the practice field at Berkner High School.
The discovery at the school, where the mascot is a Ram, came the morning of a football game against Plano East High School which was having its homecoming.
The goat was discovered early in the morning, before school started. A picture that spread quickly on Twitter through both schools, showed what appeared to be a small black goat, hanging by its feet from a rope. Animal control officers removed the goat.
Richardson ISD spokesman Tim Clark said there was nothing at the school to indicate who may have been responsible. The district did make Plano ISD’s athletic department aware of the incident. A spokesman at the district said it was not involved at all in the investigation.
Students from both schools Friday said they were upset by the incident, even if some initially considered it to be a clever prank.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Hill Scores 21, Leads Kings Past Mavericks 93-88 For 1st Win
- Dallas Man Says Woman Drugged Him, Stole His Puppy
- Teen Shot In The Head At Garland Park
- Devin Harris Granted Leave Of Absence After Brother’s Death
- Wild Boar Rampage Injures 4 People
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time