Pay Your Toll Bills Or Face The Consequences
DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) - The clock is ticking for some toll road violators to finally make amends with the North Texas Tollway Authority. It is time to pay up or face the consequences.
Earlier this year, the Texas Legislature passed a new law that targets drivers who do not pay their toll bills. Under this new law, the NTTA can block violators from getting their vehicles registered. Cars can even be impounded.
There had been a grace period for drivers who have received at least two non-payment notices in the past year. But that grace period ends on Friday.
The NTTA has listed the top toll road violators online. The site was last updated on July 18 and, at that time, there were 28 drivers who owed more than $100,000 in unpaid tolls and fees. The top toll violator is a woman in Sachse who owes more than $8,000 in tolls and $144,000 in fees.
- Man Dies In SUV Fire Behind NRH Walmart
- Twitter Lets Merchants Offer Deals To Users
- Things That Apple’s $700 Billion Value Could Buy
- Ferguson Protesters Block Highway In Dallas
- McCoy Not Surprised By Murray’s Rushing
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time