Texas QB Ash Won’t Play Against Ole Miss
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) – Texas quarterback David Ash will miss Saturday’s game against No. 25 Mississippi.
Ash has been held out of practice since leaving in the fourth quarter of last week’s loss against BYU with head and shoulder injuries. The school said senior Case McCoy will start.
Texas coach Mack Brown had said Ash could be a game-time decision. Longhorns athletic trainer Kenny Boyd announced in a statement that Ash will not play.
Ash has accounted for seven touchdowns for the Longhorns (1-1). Freshman Tyrone Swoopes will backup McCoy.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sources: Justice Department Investigating GM Recall
- Complaints Of A Flasher At Arbor Hills Nature Preserve
- Denton County Grassfire Continues To Burn, 200+ Acres Charred
- Abused Wife Murder Catalyst For Dallas Change
- Cowboys Make Tough Decisions On NFL Free Agency
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time