This is going to be a dogfight for the Cowboys. I have proof:
The Cowboys are 0-4-1 last 5 Wk 2 games ATS. Cowboys are 7-20-1 ATS following an ATS win when rushing for fewer than 90 yards the previous game. Cowboys are 7-20 ATS following a game where they allowed more than 350 total yards in previous game.
Most importantly, Cowboys are 4-14 in their last 18 games following an ATS win.
What do these trends tell us? The Cowboys rest on their laurels. That’s why I love so much what Monte Kiffin said yesterday about the team and defense being better. Its a disease called complacency, and it starts with the media and fans.
We always overreact to what they just did, and we’ve been guilty of it this week, so its up to the coaches to squash it.
If they win, they make the playoffs. The Cowboys will have an 87.5% chance of making the playoffs if they start 2-0, according to team history. The Cowboys have started 2-0 24 times, and 20 of them have ended with a playoff berth. 4 of their 5 SB titles began with 2-0 starts.
Only 2-0 starts that didn’t end in playoffs were 1961, 1986 and 2008. That 2008 team ended with a 44-6 loss @Philly
Point is simple, if they beat the Chiefs we’ll be buying tickets to January Football.
- Texas Attorney General Took Gift While Investigating Company
- Garland Police Seek Suspect In Murder Of Journalist
- Cowboys DE Randy Gregory Checks Into Treatment Facility, Not Reporting To Camp
- One Dead After Shooting At Arlington Apartment Complex
- Mesquite Police Seek Suspect In Two Shootings
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time