JUSTIN (CBSDFW.COM) — A woman was killed in Justin early Sunday when the sport utility vehicle she was driving ran off the road, struck a utility pole and rolled over. She wasn’t wearing a seat belt.
The accident happened on Sam Reynolds Road near FM 156.
A man who was a passenger in the SUV was treated and released at the scene.
Police haven’t released the victim’s names and the cause of the accident is under investigation. It’s undetermined if alcohol was a factor but police said they are considering excessive speed as a factor.
The Tarrant County Medical Examiner will receive the woman’s body and post her name on the website once they’ve notified her next-of-kin.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Affidavit: Man Accused Of Killing Girlfriend Describes Botched Double Suicide
- Keidel: Don’t Underestimate The Warriors Like I Did
- Bautista On Odor Punch: ‘He Was Looking For A Fight’
- Cleveland Says It’s Ready To Rock With GOP Convention
- DC Police Resume Tweeting Crime News After Backlash
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time