Accused Washington Navy Yard Shooter, Aaron Alexis, Arrested In 2010
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - Monday’s suspected Washington Navy Yard shooter, Aaron Alexis was arrested in September 2010 for illegally discharging a firearm, according to Fort Worth police records.
Police were called to the Orion At Oak Hill Apartments on Sept. 4, 2010 after a woman said someone shot a hole through her floor and ceiling. Visibly shaken, the woman told police she thought her downstairs neighbor — Aaron Alexis — was the culprit.
Alexis had called police several times on the woman, according to the report, and complained about loud noise coming from her apartment. But each time police didn’t find the woman at fault.
Several days prior to the incident, Alexis’ neighbor said he confronted her in the parking lot about making too much noise. She claimed that she was “terrified” of Alexis and felt that he was intentionally trying to intimidate her. So much so, that she relocated three times, according to the report.
Alexis told police that he was cleaning his gun while he was cooking, that his hands were slippery and it went off.
No one was hurt in the incident and charges against Alexis were dropped.
Court documents obtained by CBS 11 News show that less than two weeks after the incident, the Orion At Oak Hill Apartments tried to evict Alexis. The case went to trial and Alexis was evicted on October 8, 2010.
The Fort Worth Police Department tweeted the following mug shot of Alexis in 2010 on Monday:
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Prairie View Sprints To 89-63 Win Over Alabama A&M
- Aggies Get 6th Straight Win, 69-58, Over Vanderbilt
- Former Cowboy Charles Haley Among NFL Hall Of Fame Inductees
- Cowboys RB Murray Runs Off With Offensive Player
- Three People Wounded In Nightclub Shooting
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time