IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Jason Hatcher is certain this isn’t just like last year for the Dallas Cowboys, even though it looks that way through two games.
For the second straight year, the Cowboys followed a big win over the Giants in the opener with a road loss. This time it was a 17-16 defeat in Kansas City. Last season it was a 27-7 loss in Seattle.
Dallas had a better showing than last year’s lost at Seattle in Week 2, but the Cowboys had some familiar breakdowns. Tony Romo had a big turnover, and Hatcher’s defense didn’t get a takeaway and couldn’t make a critical stop in the final minutes.
Still, Hatcher says the Cowboys are “going to be a contender when this is all said and done.” St. Louis visits Dallas on Sunday.
Hatcher recorded his second sack in Sunday’s loss to the Chiefs, adding six tackles and a pass defended.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Sandra Bland’s Mother To Campaign For Clinton
- Berkner High STEM Academy Students Receive Millions In Scholarships
- Alleged Online Predator Arrested In Cleburne
- Impact Hack-a-Shaq Tactic Having On NBA Is Growing Issue
- Photo Album Mystery Unfolding In Godley
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time