Fort Worth Woman Wounded When Dog Knocks Over Gun
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — North Texas police are investigating a canine caper that left a dog owner with a shotgun wound Saturday night.
The dog was ambling about its Fort Worth home when it knocked over a shotgun leaning near the homeowner. The gun discharged when it fell to the ground, striking the 78-year-old woman in the left foot as she watched television.
She didn’t immediately seek medical attention and by the next morning her foot had swollen. She then sought treatment at a Fort Worth hospital.
Police spokeswoman Sharron Neal tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the woman says the dog shouldn’t be blamed.
The name and breed of the dog weren’t released. Neal says, “He has the right to remain silent.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- The ‘Degenerate’ Picks The Pro, College Weekend Games
- NHL Teams Must Adapt To 3-On-3 OT
- U.S. Men Embrace Mexico Soccer Rivalry
- UT Professor Quits Over Campus Carry Law
- GOP In Tumult After McCarthy’s Withdrawal
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time