Fort Worth Woman Wounded When Dog Knocks Over Gun
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — North Texas police are investigating a canine caper that left a dog owner with a shotgun wound Saturday night.
The dog was ambling about its Fort Worth home when it knocked over a shotgun leaning near the homeowner. The gun discharged when it fell to the ground, striking the 78-year-old woman in the left foot as she watched television.
She didn’t immediately seek medical attention and by the next morning her foot had swollen. She then sought treatment at a Fort Worth hospital.
Police spokeswoman Sharron Neal tells the Fort Worth Star-Telegram that the woman says the dog shouldn’t be blamed.
The name and breed of the dog weren’t released. Neal says, “He has the right to remain silent.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- When It Comes To Your Fantasy Team, Always Be Looking For Someone Better
- Keidel: Money, Mayhem And Madness
- Dwight Howard’s Physical Play Irks Mavs’ Carlisle
- Short But Powerful Storm Rips Through Parts Of Arlington
- Winds, Lightning, Flash Floods, Hail
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time