FRISCO (CBSDFW.COM) — Six people were injured on Monday morning at Lone Star High School in Frisco after an oxygen pack exploded in the school fieldhouse.
Firefighters were initially called to the scene at 10:11 a.m. in response to a medical emergency.
When they arrived, a nurse was providing medical attention to a student with an emergency oxygen generating device. When the nurse attempted to change the canisters, the device bursted, spraying the student’s sibling, the nurse, three firefighters, and an assistant principal. According to the school, the chemical mixture is comparable to a liquified soda ash material which has a high pH.
All six people were transported to Centennial Hospital to be treated for exposure to the chemical and minor burns and have since been released. The student who was initially receiving treatment was not exposed to the chemical and was released.
The Frisco Fire Marshall’s office is currently investigating the accident in conjunction with the Frisco ISD Risk Management and the Oxysure company.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Constable Fed-Up With Student Bullies Posts Tough Warning
- Dallas Cowboys Select DE Taco Charlton With 28th Pick
- I-Team: Inside A Dallas Murder Mystery… 1 Year Later
- Haltom City Cops To Carry Opioid Overdose Medication
- More Parents Choosing Not To Vaccinate Their Children
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time