2 Former Defense Secretaries In Dallas
DALLAS (AP) - Two former secretaries of defense are scheduled to speak to a Dallas audience one day after a mass shooting at the Washington Navy Yard.
Robert Gates and Leon Panetta will appear Tuesday night before an audience at Southern Methodist University. SMU says the two men will offer their thoughts and opinions on current events.
Their appearance comes in the middle of two huge military-related stories: Monday’s shooting at the Washington Navy Yard that left 13 people dead; and deliberations over a military strike on Syria.
Gates led the Defense Department under Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama. He was followed by Panetta, who left the Pentagon earlier this year.
CNN political analyst David Gergen will moderate the event.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gay Keller Student Says ‘Promposal’ Unfairly Denied
- 5 Sports Guarantees That Went Horribly Wrong
- Top 5 Wildest Sports Callers Of The Week: March 23rd To March 27th
- Police Filming Bill Likely Doomed Amid Union Opposition
- Abbott Stays Noncommittal On Pulling Guard From Texas Border
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time