Rangers GM Daniels Expects Ron Washington Back Next Season
Rangers CentralShop for Rangers Gear
Buy Rangers Tickets
Sports Fan Insider
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) – Texas Rangers general manager Jon Daniels says it’s his full expectation that manager Ron Washington will return next season.
The Rangers started play Tuesday mired in a seven-game losing streak and have seen their AL West title hopes apparently slip away for a second straight season because of a September slide. Texas dropped 12 of its first 14 games this month.
“I refer to us as partners, and I feel very much that way,” Daniels said before Tuesday night’s game at Tampa Bay.
“Other than that, we’ll address everything in the offseason. Like I said, I fully expect that partnership will continue.”
Texas is in a crowded field for an AL wild-card spot.
“We’re in a position to make the playoffs … it’s our job to hold on to that,” Daniels said. “We’ve got to go and have a good at-bat, a good inning, a good game and turn the tide here a little bit. That’s where our focus has to be. Everything else is just a distraction from where our energy and focus should be.”
Washington, who managed the Rangers to the playoffs each of the past three years including trips to the World Series in 2010 and 2011, said he doesn’t fear losing his job.
“I’m steadfast with what my job has always been,” Washington said. “Be the best I can be for this organization as the manager. Back my players. Back my coaching staff. Back the organization. Do the best job I can.”
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Shawn Marion Explains Why He Left The Mavericks
- Backup Quarterback Leads Rams Into Game Versus Cowboys
- Dallas Stars Introduce New Mascot
- NFL, Union Close To Finalizing New Drug Policy
- Romo Better Or Worse As The Season Goes Along?
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time