TxDOT Offering Free Child Safety Seat Inspections
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (KRLD) – Are you struggling to secure your child’s safety seat in the car? Are you even using the correct one? The Texas Department of Transportation is hoping to help answer these questions.
In an effort to keep child passengers safe, TxDOT offers free, year-round child safety seat inspections. In conjunction with National Child Passenger Safety Week, the agency is offering car seat inspections at Vickery Health Center in Dallas (8224 Park Lane, Dallas, TX 75231) on Tuesday.
Interested parents can call to make an appointment at 214-590-4455.
“Buckling young children into safety seats is the law, so TxDOT is pleased to offer this service in an effort to help keep them safe,” said Phil Wilson, TxDOT executive director. “To ensure optimal safety, it’s important those seats are properly secured and that parents are using the right seat based on their child’s age, height and weight.”
Children younger than eight years, unless taller than 4-foot-9, must ride in a safety seat.
TxDOT says that three out of four safety seats are used incorrectly nationwide. A new study also shows that 37 percent of infants and toddlers in Texas were secured incorrectly — or not at all — when riding in a vehicle.
Parents can use TxDOT’s new interactive seat finder at TexasClickItorTicket.com to help find the proper safety seat for their children.
- Ford Recalling More Than 160,000 Vehicles
- Texas Woman Seeks $123M For False Facebook Profile
- 5 Times MLB Game Protests Have Been Upheld
- Boy Scouts Settle With Ex-Scout In Sex Abuse Case
- Ponder Man Sentenced To Life In Murder For Hire Plot
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time