DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Police in Dallas are looking for a suspect who could be responsible for committing at least 14 robberies across the Metroplex. Five of those crimes were committed at stores in Dallas, while the other nine robberies were in surrounding DFW area cities.
Three of the Dallas robberies were committed at the same place — a T-Mobile store located in the 8400 block of Lake June Road — between November 2012 and February 2013. More recently, the same suspect is believed to have robbed a MetroPCS store located in the 9600 block of Webb Chapel Road on September 10, and a Family Dollar store in the 3300 block of West Northwest Highway on September 14.
The above video, posted to YouTube by the Dallas Police Department, shows the MetroPCS store robbery.
The Dallas Police Department did not provide additional information about the other nine crimes.
The suspect has been described by authorities as a light-skinned black male, about 5 feet 6 inches tall, between 170 and 200 pounds, with a goatee. He has worn a baseball cap and glasses during each of the robberies, and was armed with a handgun.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the robberies is urged to contact the Dallas Police Department immediately at 214-671-3705 or 214-671-3661. Tips can also be submitted anonymously by contacting Crime Stoppers at 214-373-TIPS. Crime Stoppers is offering tipsters a reward of up to $5,000 for information which leads to the suspect’s arrested and indictment.
- Children’s Cancer Fund Holds Annual Gala
- Dallas Police Officer Arrested On Burglary Warrant
- Baby Hippo Lifts Spirits At Ohio Zoo That Faced Backlash For Killing Gorilla
- Man Turns Self In To Authorities For Wife’s Murder
- 2 Twin Brothers Shot, 1 Killed in Burleson; Teen Arrested
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time