Big Tex Treks Across Texas
Get Breaking News First
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) - As the new Big Tex gets ready for his big debut at this year’s State Fair of Texas, he’s making several stops across the state — and leaving his footprints behind.
The iconic figure’s bootprints were seen outside of Fort Worth’s Williamson-Dickies factory, where Big Tex’s clothes have been made since 1997. Big Tex’s outfit was sewn in the original Dickies plant that opened in 1922, at 509 West Vickery in Fort Worth.
This is a big year of change for Big Tex. He was completely rebuilt after being destroyed by fire at the end of last year’s state fair. He’s also getting a new voice. For the first time in a decade, Bill Bragg will not serve as the voice of Big Tex. The fair ended its relationship with Bragg and held auditions for a new voice. The fair has not said who will provide the new voice for the 55 foot fair mascot.
The big reveal for the new Big Tex happens on opening day at The State Fair of Texas, September 27 at 2 p.m.
Until then, you can follow Big Tex’s trek across Texas on Facebook and Twitter @StateFairOfTex and #bigtex.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Police: Texas Soldier Beat Daughter To Death
- Captain Of SMU’s Only NCAA Final Four Team Dies
- Texas AP High School Football Poll
- Keller School Warns Parents About Attempted Child Abduction
- Pots, Pans, Dolls, Games Up For Toy Hall Of Fame
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time