Bush To Host Golf Tournament For Wounded Veterans
IRVING (AP) — Former President George W. Bush will participate in the third Warrior Open golf tournament scheduled to be held next week in North Texas.
The George W. Bush Presidential Center announced Wednesday that 24 wounded U.S. military members will play in the tournament in the Dallas suburb of Irving.
The event begins Thursday, Sept. 26, with the veterans playing a round with Bush, pro golfers, celebrities and others. The 36-hole tourney will then be held over the following two days.
Veterans participating in the event have suffered serious wounds in post-9/11 combat.
The tournament is part of the George W. Bush Institute’s Military Service Initiative.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Colorado Geophysicists Work To Find Cause Of North Texas Quakes
- Texas Executes Man For 1996 Strangling, Beating Death
- Fort Worth Officer Undergoing Surgery After Being Shot Near Hulen Mall
- Plano PD Calls Special Kidnapping Safety Meeting
- Woman’s Car Impounded For Failure To Pay Tolls
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time