Davis To Announce Future Plans On October 3
AUSTIN (AP) – State Sen. Wendy Davis is setting a date for when she will announce whether she will run for governor.
Her campaign said the Fort Worth Democrat will send out an e-mail Wednesday to supporters saying she will announce her plans Oct. 3. Davis asks supporters to join an e-mail list and says she is excited about the future. But she stops short of saying she will definitely run for governor.
Democrats across Texas and the country have been urging Davis to get into the race. No other significant candidate has filed for the Democratic nomination.
Davis won international attention when she staged a nearly 13-hour filibuster against new abortion restrictions in June. Gov. Rick Perry called the Republican-controlled Legislature back for a second special session to eventually pass the restrictions.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Residents Warn Of Danger Days Before Controversial Drawing Contest
- Garland Officer Receiving Accolades After Take Down Of Suspects
- Mother Of One Shooting Suspect Believes Son Was Brainwashed
- How Long Will It Take Police To Get To You In An Emergency?
- Local Defensive Standout Prepares For NFL Rookie Camp
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time