DALLAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – People who live in the Fair Park area are glad to learn the prime suspect in a serial rape case is back in Dallas police custody.
Van Dralan Dixson, 38, was captured by the U.S. Marshals nine days ago, at a motel in Baton Rouge. He will face four charges of aggravated sexual assault with a deadly weapon.
Wearing inmate stripes and hand and ankle cuffs, sheriff’s deputies walked the suspect into the jail around 12:30 p.m. on Thursday.
He looked forward and did not stop and comment when reporters asked questions.
The Dallas County Sheriff sent deputies to Baton Rouge to pick up Dixson at the request of police.
Police have so far linked Dixson to four of the nine victims in the case that spans back to June, but investigators are waiting on more DNA test results.
Now in the county jail, Dixson will be questioned by police. Once police have finished collecting witness statements and interviews, the case will be turned over to the Dallas County District Attorney.
A spokesperson for the DA’s office estimates that will happen in about a week’s time.
- I-Team: First Ever Class Action Lawsuit Filed Against Freestanding ERs
- New Warning About Troubled Dallas Police & Fire Pension Fund
- Area Police Departments Chip In For Grief-Stricken Little Elm
- Hundreds Gather To Honor Fallen Little Elm Detective
- FC Dallas Player Recovering At Home After Being Hit By Car
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time
- PHOTOS: Local Mugshots