DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Stars are expected to name forward Jamie Benn team captain on Thursday afternoon, according to reports.
The Dallas Morning News and Sportsnet report that Stars general manager Jim Nill and head coach Lindy Ruff will make the official announcement at 1:30 p.m.
The 24-year-old Benn will become just the sixth captain in Dallas’ history, replacing Brendan Morrow, who was traded at the deadline to Pittsburgh last season. Morrow had been the Stars’ captain since 2006.
In four seasons with Dallas, Benn has collected 82 goals and 111 assists in 263 NHL games.
The Stars took the Canadian born Benn with the 129th overall pick (5th round) in the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Olympic Gymnast Aly Raisman Abused By Ex-Doctor Wants Him To Suffer
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NFL Championship Match-Ups
- College Basketball Games Of The Week: Arizona, Stanford Battle For The Top Of The Pac-12
- Where Will The Top College RBs Land?
- GoDaddy Reunites With Danica Patrick To Sponsor ‘Danica Double’