DALLAS (AP) – Alex Chiasson and Jamie Benn scored shootout goals to give the Dallas Stars a 3-2 preseason victory over the Florida Panthers on Wednesday.
Dallas backup goalie Christopher Nilstrop stopped both Panthers attempts in the shootout. Chiasson and Benn both had beaten Florida’s Jacob Markstrom.
Dallas scored twice in the second period and Florida tied it with two goals in the third.
Florida tied it on goals by Drew Shore and Scottie Upshall 14 seconds apart with less than 4 minutes remaining in the third period, beating Nilstrop. Upshall’s goal was his third of the preseason.
Cody Eakin and Benn had scored 30 seconds apart for the Stars at 17:00 and 17:30 of the second period. Dallas outshot the Panthers 30-24.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- How Hollywood Is Giving Its Biggest Stars Digital Facelifts
- Mystique Vs. Mayhem In Unlikely Stanley Cup Final
- Sato Holds Off Helio For Indy 500 Win
- Dillon Earns First Win At Coca-Cola 600
- The Facts And Figures Of Memorial Day
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time