LUBBOCK (AP) – The Masked Rider’s horse isn’t the only critter cavorting around the Texas Tech University football stadium.
Tech and Lubbock Animal Services crews are trying to find a way to outfox foxes seen living in and around Jones AT&T Stadium.
Tech athletic spokesman Blayne Beal says the school wants “to safely remove the foxes and return them to their natural habitat.” But he says when and how are questions still to be answered.
Lubbock Animal Services Director George Torres tells the Lubbock Avalanche-Journal that he has heard that two or three common gray foxes have been seen around the stadium. He says the critters likely are drawn to the area by food scraps left by game day fans.
The foxes have inspired multiple parody Twitter accounts and Internet memes.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Vegan Brisket? It’s A Thing!
- Dallas Officer, Military Service Members Receive Vehicle Donations
- El Paso Police Searching For Convicted Sex Offender
- GCISD Unveils $18M Improvements Plan For Football Stadium
- Baby Partially Removed From Womb For Surgery, Then Put Back
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time