Cowboys’ Bryant Ready, Spencer Skips Practice Again
IRVING (AP) – Cowboys receiver Dez Bryant says he will play against St. Louis after battling back spasms, and defensive end Anthony Spencer was questionable Friday because of his troublesome left knee.
Bryant missed the first practice of the week but progressed to full participation by Friday and declared himself ready to “roll” Sunday against the Rams. He said he had spasms after getting hit in the back in the first quarter last weekend against Kansas City.
It’s the second time in three games dating to last season that Bryant has battled back issues. He was in a wheelchair and spent a night in the hospital after last season’s finale in Washington. He says the latest injury is “nothing that I feel like will affect me in the long run.”
“No concern,” said Bryant, who played the last three games last season with a broken finger. “If you take a blow to the back the way I took a blow to the back, you’re probably going to feel the same way I feel.”
Spencer played for the first time this season against the Chiefs but missed two of three practices during the week. He had arthroscopic knee surgery July 25 and missed all of training camp and the preseason.
Coach Jason Garrett hinted that Spencer’s absence Friday had something to do with the Cowboys practicing on a wet field in the rain.
Spencer wasn’t in the locker room when it was opener to reporters Friday. He said earlier in the week he was experiencing soreness.
“He feels like he’s getting a little bit better but he didn’t do much today,” Garrett said.
Bryant is listed as probable along with quarterback Tony Romo (ribs), cornerback Morris Claiborne (shoulder) and defensive end DeMarcus Ware (neck).
Backup linebacker Ernie Sims will miss his second straight game with a groin injury.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
*Listen to Dallas Cowboys Football locally on 105.3 The Fan
- I-35 Express Project Should Bring Needed Relief
- Texans File Suit Over Bar-B-Que Smoke Smell
- ‘Animated’ Dez Bryant Explains Fight With Tyler Patmon At Cowboys Camp
- Officials: Teen Arrested After Patrol Car Set Afire In Texas
- GOP Hopeful Ted Cruz To Visit Tupelo, Olive Branch Aug. 11
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures