Eddie Wineland Challenges For 135 Pound Title At UFC 165
DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) – In The UFC, big things sometimes comes in smaller packages. There are few fighters in any weight class that can bang like Eddie Wineland, and within his own bantamweight class of 135 pounds, he’s as tough and explosive as it gets.
Saturday night at UFC 165, Wineland competes in the co main event challenging Renan Barao for his interim bantamweight title.
Barao is undefeated in The UFC, but it’s doubtful that he’s faced any opponent with the grittiness of Wineland.
A quick check of Wineland’s record reveals “fight of the night” and “knockout of the night” distinctions that have made him a good bet for UFC matchmakers who want to insure fireworks at the top of their card.
If Barao is to prove oddsmakers right for making him a heavy favorite, he’ll have his work cut out for him.
Listen to Richard Hunter talk to Eddie Wineland about his title shot, his other job as a firefighter, and his dogs that are a big part of his family.
UFC 165 is headlined by UFC light heavyweight Jon Jones versus Alexander Gustafsson, and airs Saturday night on pay per view, live from Toronto, Canada.
Follow Richard on Twitter @RichardHunter
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Mavs’ Carlisle Fined $25,000 For Criticizing Refs After Loss
- Town Prays For Texas Ice Cream Maker Linked To Listeria
- Texas GOP’s 2016 Presidential hopefuls Call For Strong US
- Greyhound Passengers Complain Sick Rider Allowed To Stay On Bus
- Carroll ISD Opting Out Of Federal Lunch Program
- TCU College Freshman Is Just 11 Years Old
- Guyer High School Football Player Remembered
- City Of Fort Worth Demolished Wrong Home For A Second Time