Jets, Pats Combine For $88,500 In Fines By NFL
Sports Fan Insider
NEW YORK (AP) – The New York Jets and New England Patriots have been fined a combined $88,500 from their game last week that included a late sideline skirmish.
The fourth-quarter melee was set off by New York center Nick Mangold’s low hit on New England’s Aqib Talib after an interception that sealed the Patriots’ 13-10 victory.
Jets right guard Willie Colon led the way with $34,125 in fines — $26,250 for contact with an official, and $7,875 for punching an opponent. Jets left tackle D’Brickashaw Ferguson was fined $15,000 for punching a Patriots player, while New England’s Michael Buchanan, Alfonzo Dennard and Vince Wilfork were docked $7,875 each for throwing punches.
Tennessee’s Jackie Battle was fined $21,000, becoming the first running back docked for lowering the crown of his helmet into an opponent.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Fantasy Baseball Preview: Relief Pitcher
- Dogs ‘Muttbomb’ Celebs To Boost Adoptions
- The Cowboys’ D-Line Pursuits: ‘The Delicate Dance’
- How Austin Release Will Impact Cowboys’ Cap
- Indians’ Young Righty Danny Salazar Flies Under The Radar
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures