Tough Week For Texas’ Brown With K-State Next
Sports Fan Insider
AUSTIN (AP) - It’s been a tough week for Texas coach Mack Brown.
The Longhorns (1-2) have lost two straight games and will open the Big 12 season Saturday night at home against Kansas State (2-1).
Then came Thursday’s revelation that a school regent and a close friend talked in January with Alabama coach Nick Saban’s agent about the possibility of luring Saban to Austin if Brown retired. The friend followed the phone call with a meeting with Brown to ask him if he was ready to retire.
No, Brown said, and that was that. But only until two straight losses to BYU and Mississippi sparked a new flurry of questions about his future at Texas.
The Wildcats have won five straight against Texas, which has key injuries on offense.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Cowboys Surviving Without Sacks, But Can It Last?
- Baptist Church Youth Leader Arrested For Indecent Exposure
- TCU Showing Pride For Former Ebola Patient Nina Pham
- Prayers Answered By Nurse Nina Pham’s Return To Texas
- Trailer & Tools Stolen From Business Owner Who Employs Vets
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures