Whirlpool Responds To Self-Cleaning Oven Issues
Get Breaking News First
NORTH TEXAS (CBSDFW.COM) - Whirlpool Corporation is responding to an I-team investigation, but some customers are not happy about what they are hearing.
“The last time I called after your newscast, at the number you provided, they said they would send someone out but I have to pay the service call which was $129,” explained Barbara Berry of Mansfield.
Berry contacted the CBS 11 News Investigators and then Whirlpool after watching our story which aired on September 5, 2013.
Berry listened to Rhonda Wheeler of Granbury explain how her Kitchen Aid oven stopped worked right after she used the self-cleaning cycle. Wheeler showed us how she could no longer raise the temperature of her oven above 350-degrees. She also showed us how her timer will no longer work.
Berry said that’s exactly what happened to her oven after she used the cleaning cycle.
“I punch the up button and it goes to 345, 340, 335. I can’t make it go up,” said Berry.
The I-Team found many other customers complaining about it on line. Some of them even filed lawsuits against Whirlpool. But, when Wheeler and Berry called Whirlpool after our investigation, a Whirlpool representative told them that they would have to pay for a service tech to check out their ovens.
So, the I-team contacted Whirlpool again.
A spokesperson told me that Wheeler and Berry’s ovens are 14-years old, out of warranty, and Whirlpool was not convinced the self-cleaning mechanisms caused their problems but Whirlpool did make this offer in an email to CBS 11. “Because Ms. Berry and Ms. Wheeler have been loyal Whirlpool customers for many years, we will reach out to offer each f these customers a $150 discount on the purchase of a new oven.”
Berry said, “I would rather have somebody come out here from them (Whirlpool) and let them look at it and decide how much it would cost to repair it. Why should I spend $900 to go with the $150 to buy a new oven?”
Wheeler told us, “Why would I buy a new oven just because I cleaned my old oven?”
- Standing Room Only At Collin County Meeting About Immigrant Children
- Disrespected Dez? The Anatomy Of A Cowboys Non-Story
- Recent Drownings Reminder For Parents To Stay Vigilant
- Jury In Jesse Ventura/Chris Kyle Case To Return Tuesday
- Fort Worth Doctor Who Contracted Ebola Seriously Ill
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures