Baylor Gets 28 1st-Quarter Points 3 Games In Row
WACO (AP) — Baylor got off to another fast start, scoring at least 28 points in the first quarter for the third game in a row.
The No. 20 Bears, after scoring 28 points in the first quarter in each of their first two games, led 35-0 after one quarter over Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday.
According to STATS, based on data available since 1996, Baylor is the first team to score at least 28 points in the first quarter in three consecutive games.
The only FBS or FCS team since 1996 with 28 points or more in the first quarter in any three games in the same season was Oklahoma in 2008. The Sooners that year had quarterback Sam Bradford and running back DeMarco Murray.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Sundance Square To Host ESPN College GameDay Again
- This Week In Golf: Troy Merritt Claims First PGA Tour Victory In Quicken Loans National
- Sen. Ted Cruz Demonstrates How To Make Machine Gun Bacon
- President Obama Heralds Impact Of Power Plant Greenhouse Gas Limits
- Police: Texas Tourist Took Loaded Guns To 9/11 Memorial
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures