Baylor Gets 28 1st-Quarter Points 3 Games In Row
Sports Fan Insider
WACO (AP) — Baylor got off to another fast start, scoring at least 28 points in the first quarter for the third game in a row.
The No. 20 Bears, after scoring 28 points in the first quarter in each of their first two games, led 35-0 after one quarter over Louisiana-Monroe on Saturday.
According to STATS, based on data available since 1996, Baylor is the first team to score at least 28 points in the first quarter in three consecutive games.
The only FBS or FCS team since 1996 with 28 points or more in the first quarter in any three games in the same season was Oklahoma in 2008. The Sooners that year had quarterback Sam Bradford and running back DeMarco Murray.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Texas Girl Missing For 12 Years Found In Mexico
- Charging Documents: Phelps’ Breath Test Was .14
- Cannon Firing Returns To Texas A&M Field
- Ebola Patient Told Dallas Hospital He Was From Liberia On Initial Visit
- Top 10 Memorable Moments In Houston Texans History
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures