Bush Center Getting Environmental Award
Get Breaking News First
DALLAS (AP) - U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer is visiting the George W. Presidential Center in Dallas to present an award for the environmentally friendly design of the building and grounds.
Former first lady Laura Bush on Monday afternoon planned to show Boxer some of the building’s green design aspects.
Boxer is a Democrat from California who chairs the Environment and Public Works Committee. She’s announced the establishment of the Climate Hero Award, with the first award going to the Bush center and the William J. Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Ark.
Both libraries have achieved the highest certification — platinum — from the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, program.
The Bush center was dedicated in April on the campus of Southern Methodist University.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Thursday Night Football Breakdown: Chargers At Broncos
- Mike Ditka Says Cowboys Are ‘As Good As Anybody’
- Pond Liners Used Against Lake Waco Zebra Mussels
- Emmitt Smith: Cowboys Have Offensive Balance, Not Yet ‘Triplets’
- Playoff Pinch Hits: Giants Hard To Beat After World Series Game 1 Win
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures