DALLAS (AP) – U.S. Sen. Barbara Boxer is visiting the George W. Presidential Center in Dallas to present an award for the environmentally friendly design of the building and grounds.
Former first lady Laura Bush on Monday afternoon planned to show Boxer some of the building’s green design aspects.
Boxer is a Democrat from California who chairs the Environment and Public Works Committee. She’s announced the establishment of the Climate Hero Award, with the first award going to the Bush center and the William J. Clinton Presidential Center in Little Rock, Ark.
Both libraries have achieved the highest certification — platinum — from the U.S. Green Building Council’s Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, or LEED, program.
The Bush center was dedicated in April on the campus of Southern Methodist University.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Dallas Police Searching For Man Who Exposed Himself To Woman
- Former Duncanville Teacher Starts 10 Year Sentence For Student Affair
- Rain Boots Fit For A Queen On-Trend At Dean & DeLuca Invitational
- TSA Put To Test With Memorial Day Weekend Travel
- Texan With Character: Aman Lee
- If You Can’t Beat ‘Em, Gig ‘Em
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- More Energy Used: AT&T Stadium Or Liberia?
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures