NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – You may know him from the Backstreet Boys, as a solo artist, or his reality TV show “House of Carters”, now meet Nick Carter the author. Nick talked to CBS 11 about his new book “Facing The Music And Living To Talk About It.”
In his new book, Nick chronicles issues in his life from drinking and driving, get a DUI, partying, dysfunction in his family and the being exposed to alcohol at a young age. Also how the struggles that he had being in the spotlight and having to hide behind a smile. After he was diagnosed with heart problems from years of drug and alcohol abuse, Carter made a change to clean up his life and decided to write about it to help others do the same.
“It’s my way of giving back to people. Yes, I’ve exposed myself but at the same time I think there was no better way for me to do it other than be honest with people. It’s something they can basically relate to.”
Carter said writing the book was therapeutic, “It’s about accepting things for what they were, putting things behind you and assuming the responsibility. Then doing something about it and evolving , changing and learning that’s really what it’s all about.”
“Facing the Music and Living to Talk About It” is available to purchase in stores or online.
- Ex-Priest Arrested For Killing Of Texas Schoolteacher In 1960
- Klingberg Gives Stars 4-3 Win Over Wild In OT
- Hayward Lifts Jazz Over Mavs 121-119 In OT
- UT-Arlington Rolls Past Texas State 65-53
- Senate To Vote On Hitting North Korea With Tougher Sanctions
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures