IRVING (CBSDFW.COM) — The Dallas Cowboys continue the shuffle along their defensive line, adding former Colts defensive tackle Drake Nevis on Tuesday, according to the team’s website.
The Cowboys waived DT Jerome Long to make room on the roster.
Nevis (6-1, 297) was a third round pick of the Colts in 2011. He appeared in 14 games for the Colts over the past two seasons, starting three in 2012. Nevis finished both of the last two season’s on the IR with hand and back injuries.
The third year pro was released by the Colts at the end of camp this season. The Chargers claimed Nevis, but he was released shortly after.
Nevis was a first-team All-American at LSU in 2010.
Long spent the preseason with the Cowboys, but was cut at the end of the preseason. He was added to the roster prior to the opening game against the Giants.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Hill Scores 21, Leads Kings Past Mavericks 93-88 For 1st Win
- Devin Harris Granted Leave Of Absence After Brother’s Death
- Guiding NFL Sack Leader Tank Lawrence To A ‘Cowboys For Life’ Contract
- Keidel: Falcons-Patriots Super Bowl Rematch Not A Preview
- Iowa State Seeks To Continue Surge In Visit To Texas Tech