Filibuster Star Davis Mum On Cruz Marathon Speech
AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — State Sen. Wendy Davis has nothing to say about Ted Cruz’s vow to talk until he drops on the U.S. Senate floor.
Asked if he thought Cruz could outlast Davis and her famous summer filibuster in the Texas Senate, spokesman Hector Nieto said Tuesday: “We’re not going to comment.”
Davis, a Fort Worth Democrat, became a national political sensation in June. That’s when she remained standing for nearly 13 hours to temporarily block the Legislature’s passage of strict new abortion limits statewide.
Cruz, a tea party favorite from Houston, took to a Senate podium Tuesday afternoon and vowed to talk as long as he was able.
He has called for the Senate to pass a House of Representatives measure that funds government and denies funding for the White House-backed health care law – often referred to as Obamacare.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Gallardo Goes Home Before ALDS Opener
- Pandora To Buy Ticketfly For $450 Million
- Appeals Court Will Review Rick Perry’s Abuse Of Power Charge
- 7 Reasons To Hate Toronto…or Maybe Dislike Them Some
- Experts Advise Getting Vaccinated Regardless Of Flu Season Severity
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures