FORT WORTH (CBS 11 NEWS) – Orange barrels have taken over part of Interstate-30 near University Drive in Fort Worth.
The Chisholm Trail Parkway project is the latest construction hot spot. It will extend downtown Fort Worth to Cleburne.
Some drivers say the curvy road and detours are confusing and dangerous. There is no shoulder and the three lanes are very narrow.
“Especially with the 18-wheelers getting really close and going in and out of the lanes,” says driver Kellie Sherwood, “It threw me off a little bit.”
Another driver, Cathy Moore, said she avoid that part of I-30 all together. “I for sure stay away from that windy part because it terrifies me because the lanes change constantly and people are coming in on your lanes,” she explained
The part of the highway is curvy and though parts of the road are clearly marked the white line quickly disappears. In one spot a yellow line appears out of nowhere confusing drivers even more.
A North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) spokesperson said the yellow line was scrapped before construction started, but the agency will have crews re-scrape it.
NTTA officials also say the road is marked clearly and warning signs are up all around the construction zone, but what makes this project tough is that crews can’t shut down the part of the highway entirely while they’re working on the toll road.
“I always find out you are sitting there worried about the guy next to you because if he’s texting and on his phone and that lanes goes like that they will be coming right into you,” driver Bourke Harvey said concerned.
NTTA will have crews out in the next few days to re-scrape the yellow line.
The agency says safety is always a priority and it will also see if anything else needs to be done to make things safer.
Meantime, drivers are urged to pay attention to warning signs and stay off their cell phones.
- President Trump Signs First Executive Order Regarding Obamacare
- North Texas Republicans, Democrats React To President Trump’s Inauguration
- Personal Information Posted Online — And It’s Legal!
- Police Investigate Graffiti Cases As Possible Rivalry Gone Too Far
- Highland Park Intersection Riddled With Potholes
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures