Nation’s Largest Wind Farm Proposed For Texas
DALLAS (AP) - A Dallas-based wind-power developer has proposed an array of as many as 650 wind turbines for 190 square miles of the Texas South Plains.
Tri Global Energy LLC announced plans for Hale Community Energy on Tuesday. The vast wind farm would extend from Abernathy over much of eastern Hale County on land Tri Global says is controlled by more than 340 owners and has more than 450 shareholders.
The company says the complex would be developed in five phases to be operational by mid-2018 with a generating capacity of 1,100 megawatts. The first, 200-megawatt phase is to be operational by late 2015.
Tri Global Vice President Curtis King says after construction, the complex would provide at least 100 permanent jobs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- 15 Years Since Downtown Fort Worth Tornado
- Multiple Lane Closures On Hwy 75 Will Slow Drivers In Allen & Fairview
- CBS 11 Tests Amazon’s New 1 Hour Delivery In Dallas
- Nebraska Furniture Mart Opening Attracting Business Citywide
- Texas WWII Vet Gets Back Duffel Bag Lost On Normandy Beach
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures