Nation’s Largest Wind Farm Proposed For Texas
DALLAS (AP) - A Dallas-based wind-power developer has proposed an array of as many as 650 wind turbines for 190 square miles of the Texas South Plains.
Tri Global Energy LLC announced plans for Hale Community Energy on Tuesday. The vast wind farm would extend from Abernathy over much of eastern Hale County on land Tri Global says is controlled by more than 340 owners and has more than 450 shareholders.
The company says the complex would be developed in five phases to be operational by mid-2018 with a generating capacity of 1,100 megawatts. The first, 200-megawatt phase is to be operational by late 2015.
Tri Global Vice President Curtis King says after construction, the complex would provide at least 100 permanent jobs.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Mavericks Embarrass Heat In 2nd Half, Win 93-72
- Prime Prep, Charter School Started By Deion Sanders Closed
- Judge To Rule On Motion To End Midland Veterans Parade Crash Trial
- Specialized Veterinary Care Worth The Price For Pet Owners
- Softball Team Plays For First Time Since Fatal Crash
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures