UFC’s Miesha Tate Expresses Her Disdain For Ronda Rousey
DALLAS (105.3 THE FAN) - Miesha Tate has a genuine dislike for Ronda Rousey. Opposing each other as coaches on this season of The UFC’s “Ultimate Fighter” reality show, (Wednesdays at 9pm CT on Fox Sports 1) they are charged with coaching men and women together for the first time in the history of the show. At the conclusion of the season, Rousey and Tate will meet in December for the most anticipated rematch in women’s mixed martial arts history.
These two legends of women’s MMA are forever joined together in a legacy of personality clashes reminiscent of Ali and Frasier.
Their first fight in 2012 ended as all of Rousey’s fights have, with a first round arm bar submission of her opponent. What was different was Tate’s willingness to hang on past the point of doing serious damage to her arm, as well as her enduring disdain for Rousey as a person. Spending an “Ultimate Fighter” season in close proximity to each other has only served to further fuel the feelings of animosity, which are very much mutual.
Tate’s boyfriend, UFC bantamweight fighter Brian Caraway, has been a frequent target of Rousey’s verbal jabs, and her continued interest in Tate’s personal life has proven to be a compelling story line just three episodes in to this season.
Listen to Richard Hunter talk to Miesha Tate about her uncensored feelings about Rousey, including what she perceives as the disrespectful ways that she has coached her team and acted inappropriately with Tate’s boyfriend.
The UFC’s “Ultimate Fighter” airs Wednesdays at 9pm CT on Fox Sports 1.
Follow Richard Hunter on Twitter @RichardHunter
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Mother Arrested For Abandoning 7-Year-Old Daughter Overnight After An Evening At The Spa
- 4 Injured In Grayson County Plane Crash
- Dallas Family Makes It Out Of Burning Home Uninjured
- Fort Worth Demolishes Homeless Camp, Scattering 80 People
- Police: 2 Dead, 1 Hurt In Dallas Biker Gang Shooting
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Airport’s New Parking System Overcharging Thousands Of Drivers
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures