Kennedy’s Development Boosts Aggies
Sports Fan Insider
COLLEGE STATION (AP) - No. 10 Texas A&M needed someone to step up following the graduation of several key receivers.
The Aggies found their man in Malcome Kennedy, a former quarterback from a high school in the state’s smallest classification. He is flourishing in his third season and has become a favorite target of Heisman Trophy winner Johnny Manziel.
Coach Kevin Sumlin has been impressed with his improvement and says he has worked to become “a complete player.”
Kennedy is second on the team with 19 catches for 218 yards. His four touchdowns lead A&M’s receivers as the Aggies prepare for Saturday’s game at Arkansas.
He has given Manziel another option when defenses focus on fellow receiver Mike Evans, who is third in the nation with 143.8 yards receiving a game.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- UNT Receives Huge, Historic Photo Donation
- Family Wants Answers About Teen’s Death
- Easter Services In West Mark New Beginning
- Mavs Miss Game One Opportunity
- Rangers Fall 16-2 To White Sox At Globe Life Park
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures