NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – We have an update to a months-long CBS 11 I-Team investigation.
We’ve learned an internal memo shows the North Texas Veterans Affairs built up a backlog of more than 36,000 health consultations. They date back nearly a decade.
The I-Team began investigating complaints of poor care for veterans after we received numerous calls and emails from patients and their families.
The newly discovered documents show the VA discovered delays in North Texas in September of last year.
The documents say the VA started a consult review team and cut the backlog in half in about a month.
On Thursday, the House Committee on Veterans Affairs sent a letter requesting performance reviews and disciplinary actions for local VA leaders.
The VA did not answer CBS 11 questions about the memo.
- 2017 NBA Second Half Preview – Eastern Conference
- Police Asking For Help Identifying Aggravated Assault Suspect
- New John F. Kennedy Stamp Marks Centennial Of His Birth
- Cousins Trade Fallout: Time For Mavericks To Sell
- Missing Texas Dad Of 3 Found Alive, Met Someone Online