NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – We have an update to a months-long CBS 11 I-Team investigation.
We’ve learned an internal memo shows the North Texas Veterans Affairs built up a backlog of more than 36,000 health consultations. They date back nearly a decade.
The I-Team began investigating complaints of poor care for veterans after we received numerous calls and emails from patients and their families.
The newly discovered documents show the VA discovered delays in North Texas in September of last year.
The documents say the VA started a consult review team and cut the backlog in half in about a month.
On Thursday, the House Committee on Veterans Affairs sent a letter requesting performance reviews and disciplinary actions for local VA leaders.
The VA did not answer CBS 11 questions about the memo.
- FBI Data Show Increase In Murder, Violent Crime In 2015
- Arlington ISD Leader Named Superintendent Of The Year
- Pat Riley Says Chris Bosh Not In Heat’s Plans For Return
- Fantasy Baseball’s Version Of The Final Countdown Is Upon You Now
- Research Finds Talc Doesn’t Cause Cancer; Juries Disagree