NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – We have an update to a months-long CBS 11 I-Team investigation.
We’ve learned an internal memo shows the North Texas Veterans Affairs built up a backlog of more than 36,000 health consultations. They date back nearly a decade.
The I-Team began investigating complaints of poor care for veterans after we received numerous calls and emails from patients and their families.
The newly discovered documents show the VA discovered delays in North Texas in September of last year.
The documents say the VA started a consult review team and cut the backlog in half in about a month.
On Thursday, the House Committee on Veterans Affairs sent a letter requesting performance reviews and disciplinary actions for local VA leaders.
The VA did not answer CBS 11 questions about the memo.
- Fort Worth Man Sentenced To 20 Years For Child Pornography
- Rangers’ Kreider Fined For Hitting Stars’ Eakin With Helmet
- Police Chief Details Events During Shooting Of Detective, Standoff
- President Obama Defends Commuting Manning’s Sentence In Final Speech As President
- Kaufman County Man Who Filmed Young Boys Indicted For Child Porn