Unknown Odor Forces Evacuations At Grapevine Hospital
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – An unknown odor forced evacuations at Baylor Regional Medical Center at Grapevine on Thursday morning as firefighters worked to identify the source.
The Grapevine Fire Department was alerted after up to five people — all hospital staff — were overcome by fumes of some sort. The symptoms reported include dizziness and nausea.
The third floor, which houses roughly 20 rooms, was evacuated as a precaution. No patients have reported any symptoms related to the odor.
Grapevine authorities were unable to identify the source of the fumes or find anything in the air using special “sniffers”.
Baylor Health Care System’s environmental safety and emergency management team is now conducting its own tests to attempt to locate the source.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Rondo Wants Another Title Run In Move To Dallas
- Perry: Top Official Resigning Over No-Bid Contract
- Animal Shelter At Code Red Full; Specials Offered
- 3 Men Arrested In Shooting Death, Robbery Of Dallas Mom
- Affidavit Depicts Accused Christina Morris Kidnapper As “Sexually Frustrated”
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures