IRVING (CBSDFW.COM/AP) – Former President George W. Bush says he’s feeling “pretty good” after undergoing a heart procedure last month and is back to golfing and mountain biking.
Bush told The Associated Press on Friday after kicking off the competitive portion of his golf tournament for wounded veterans that he tries to stay physically active. Bush underwent a heart procedure in August after doctors discovered a blockage in an artery.
This is the third year that the George W. Bush Presidential Center has held the Warrior Open for military veterans wounded in Iraq and Afghanistan. Twenty-four wounded veterans, many with prosthetic legs, were participating in the tournament in suburban Dallas.
Bush says it’s inspiring to be “in the midst of people who suffered significant injury and refuse to quit.”
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Top 5 Surprising Ways To Keep Mosquitoes Away
- Controversial Reading Assignment Has Some High School Parents Fuming
- Dallas Mayor Pleased With Grow South Initiative’s Progress
- Sanders Wins Democratic Presidential Primary In Indiana
- Cruz Drops Out Of Race For President
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures