East Texas Woman Slain Outside 8th Grade Football Game
Get Breaking News First
GILMER (AP) – An East Texas man is accused of killing a woman outside an 8th grade football game.
KLTV-TV reports that police in Gilmer arrested 32-year-old Jonathan Ray Shepherd in the death of 29-year-old Cheyenne Green.
Police say Green was found lying on the ground in a parking lot at Gilmer High School, where an 8th grade game between Gilmer and Gladewater was being played.
Authorities suspect her death was related to domestic violence.
Police say Shepherd will be charged with murder and arraigned later Friday.
Shepherd did not have an attorney listed in jail records. A call to his home went unanswered.
(© Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- American Airlines Sued Over Tax Incentives
- Driver Crashes Into Vacant Dallas Home
- Tuition Going Up For Texas Tech Students
- Cold Snap Knocked State Generators Offline
- Benn Puts Stars Past Blues 3-2 In OT
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures