DALLAS (CBSDFW.COM) – Oak Cliff artist Brian Keith Jones, one-half of the famed Dallas collective, Chuck & George, presents his first-ever solo exhibition tonight at Ro2 Art Downtown.
“Meanwhile . . . back in Dallas,” is set around animations made from paintings of the Legendary Big Tex, with a twist. Jones will present a film, at 24 frames per second, made from fifty individual paintings, which will also be on display. Watch part of the film here.
Part homage to the Texas icon, part freak-show, the exhibit will offer many unexpected visual and sensory delights. It’s a must-see for art enthusiasts eager to support local artists who appreciate the campy tradition of The State Fair of Texas.
Ro2 Art Downtown is the brainchild of mother-and-son team Susan Roth Romans and Jordan Roth. It’s an exhibition, art consulting, and sales firm focused on the rising stars of the contemporary North Texas art scene. Ro2 Art has three gallery spaces — one in Uptown and one downtown — and an exhibition history that includes the Dallas debuts of some of the area’s most impressive up-and-coming painters, installation artists and sculptors.
The opening reception starts at 7 p.m., Friday, September 27. Ro2 Art Downtown is located at 110 N. Akard Street, between Main and Elm.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Pedestrian Struck And Killed On Highway 360
- Big 12 Will Take Top 2 Teams For Title Game, No Divisions
- UTA Graduate Student Performs At White House Concert
- New Horizons Spacecraft Sends Back Last Bit Of Data From 2015 Pluto Flyby
- Top NFL Merchandise Sales? It’s All About QBs And Cowboys
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures