Milwaukee Company Recalls Chicken, Ham Salads
Get Breaking News First
MILWAUKEE (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Garden Fresh Foods of Milwaukee has recalled 19,000 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken and ham products because of possible Listeria bacteria contamination.
The USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service says the foods were distributed to retailers and food services nationwide. They include several kinds of chicken and ham salads sold under the Market Pantry, Archer Farms, D’Amico and Sons, Finest Traditions, Garden Fresh and Weis brands.
The agency says problem was discovered through testing by the Food and Drug Administration.
There have been no reports of illnesses due to consumption of these products. The company and the agency advised anyone concerned about an illness to contact a health care provider.
Listeria can lead to miscarriages in pregnant women and serious illnesses in people with weakened immune systems.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- No. 18 SMU Falters In 2nd Half Vs No. 20 Memphis
- TCU Winless In Big 12, Loses 97-67 To No. 23 OU
- Memorial Service Held For Murdered Richardson ISD Teacher, Mother Of Two
- Untapped Festival Features 65 Breweries, Over 200 Drinks
- Your 20-Step Cowboys Free-Agency Guidebook
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures