Milwaukee Company Recalls Chicken, Ham Salads
MILWAUKEE (CBSDFW.COM/AP) — Garden Fresh Foods of Milwaukee has recalled 19,000 pounds of ready-to-eat chicken and ham products because of possible Listeria bacteria contamination.
The USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service says the foods were distributed to retailers and food services nationwide. They include several kinds of chicken and ham salads sold under the Market Pantry, Archer Farms, D’Amico and Sons, Finest Traditions, Garden Fresh and Weis brands.
The agency says problem was discovered through testing by the Food and Drug Administration.
There have been no reports of illnesses due to consumption of these products. The company and the agency advised anyone concerned about an illness to contact a health care provider.
Listeria can lead to miscarriages in pregnant women and serious illnesses in people with weakened immune systems.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Diahann Carroll Honored By TBAAL For Work
- TCU Security Guard Arrested For Improper Photography
- More Than 300 Birds Seized From Alleged Cock Fighting Operation
- Johnson Co. Residents Clean Up After Storm Hits
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures