Richardson City Council To Consider $1.5 Million Dog Park Plan
Get Breaking News First
RICHARDSON (CBSDFW.COM) - Pet owners in Richardson may finally have somewhere for their dogs to play close to home.
The City Council meets Monday to consider a plan to turn several acres in the southwest corner of Central Expressway and Bush Turnpike into a dog park.
The land belongs to the Texas Department of Transportation, thus the city needs permission before it builds on it.
If the council approves the site, it could take at least a year to develop the park. TxDOT wouldn’t receive money from the city for use of the land.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Arlington Hopes, College Champion Game Means National Attention
- Option Of Paper or Plastic May Be No More In Dallas
- Senator Ted Cruz Leans Toward 2016 Presidential Run
- Mexican Cartels Ramp Up Human Smuggling Business
- North Texans March In Labor Day Parade For Higher Wages
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures