RICHARDSON (CBSDFW.COM) – Pet owners in Richardson may finally have somewhere for their dogs to play close to home.
The City Council meets Monday to consider a plan to turn several acres in the southwest corner of Central Expressway and Bush Turnpike into a dog park.
The land belongs to the Texas Department of Transportation, thus the city needs permission before it builds on it.
If the council approves the site, it could take at least a year to develop the park. TxDOT wouldn’t receive money from the city for use of the land.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Twitter Rolls Out Stricter Rules On Abusive Content
- McCain Treated For Viral Infection, Returns Home To Arizona
- SpaceX Capsule Back At Space Station With Pre-Christmas Haul
- Hershey Buying Austin-Based Amplify For $1.2 Billion
- Airport Woes In Atlanta Impacting DFW Travelers
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures