RICHARDSON (CBSDFW.COM) – Pet owners in Richardson may finally have somewhere for their dogs to play close to home.
The City Council meets Monday to consider a plan to turn several acres in the southwest corner of Central Expressway and Bush Turnpike into a dog park.
The land belongs to the Texas Department of Transportation, thus the city needs permission before it builds on it.
If the council approves the site, it could take at least a year to develop the park. TxDOT wouldn’t receive money from the city for use of the land.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Couple Prevails In Court After Being Sued For Online Review
- Rangers Send Scout To Tim Tebow Baseball Tryout
- Officials Break Ground On New Grapevine Road Project
- Chris Arnold Stories: Jason Garrett The Broadcaster?
- Aledo High School Student Dies After Being Rushed To Hospital
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures