Update: 11:55 a.m. CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Carrollton police have issued an update in the case of a man who took his two grandchildren from his home on Sunday afternoon. Police say William Gomez accessed his bank account at 7:48 a.m. in Little Rock. Arkansas police have been alerted to be on the lookout for them.
CARROLLTON (CBSDFW.COM) – Authorities in Carrollton are searching for a missing man and his two grandchildren. William Gomez left his home — located in the 2200 block of Ridgedale Drive — with the two kids at around 2:00 p.m. on Sunday. He said that they were going to the park or the Vista Ridge Mall. But both places have been checked, and the trio are nowhere to be found.
The 57-year-old was last seen wearing a blue button-down shirt and black pants. Gomez also has a medical condition that causes memory loss, police said. The missing man has been described as 5 feet 5 inches tall and 160 pounds. He has short hair and a mustache, and wears glasses.
Marcus Gomez is 7 years old and was wearing a white T-shirt and cream-colored shorts. Dominique Gomez is 8 years old and was wearing a floral shirt with blue pants.
“He has encephalitis,” explained wife and grandmother Maria Gomez. “He had a tumor 10 or 12 years ago and that’s the cause of a buildup of the fluid in his brain. And once in a while, he gets like this. Most of the time, he’s okay.”
“At this point, we don’t think that there is any foul play,” added a spokeswoman for the Carrollton Police Department. “It’s possible that he just doesn’t know where he is or where he needs to be or that kind of thing, and the kids probably are a little too young to help him out.”
The missing family may be driving a white Jeep Grand Cherokee with the license plate DH1Y337. Anybody with information about Gomez or the children is urged to contact the Carrollton Police Department at 972-466-3333.
- Russell Simmons Says He Will Defend Himself Following Rape Claims
- Cowboys & Raiders Hope To Salvage Their Disappointing Seasons
- Zac Brown Band To Perform National Anthem At College Football Title Game
- Rubio Threat On Child Tax Credit Puts Bump In GOP Tax Path
- Arlington Police Warning Car Shoppers About Used Car Scam
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Click To Text In The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures