Texas Rangers Fans Get Ready For Game #163
ARLINGTON (CBS 11 NEWS) – With 162 games in the books, Texas Rangers fans say none is as important as the 163rd of the season. That’s because with a win tonight, the team guarantees itself one more game and a spot in the postseason.
The winner of tonight’s tiebreaker game between the Rangers and the Tampa Bay Rays earns the chance to play in the American League Wild Card game against the Cleveland Indians. For Rangers fans, it’s a bonus tailgate, with some fans starting after lunch for the 7:05 p.m. game.
“Honestly I’m kind of nervous…I think we shouldn’t have put ourselves in this situation,” laughs Rangers fan Scott Whitaker.
But Chandler Payne has confidence saying, “I have a good feeling about this. It kind of looked like they were going to have too cold of a stretch at the end of the ear and maybe not make it in.”
Rangers fans have reasons to be encouraged…seven of them to be exact. It took a seven-win streak at the end of the season for the team to make it to this point.
“It’s been pretty miraculous for time to come back and win seven in a row to just be in it now,” said fan Corey Hill.
For the fans that cried and cheered during the Rangers late-season slump and last minute winning streak – only have to wait for tonight’s bonus game – number 163.
“Unbelievable! I’d given up on them after they’d lost seven in a row, I think,” said David Tharp.
“It all comes down to this that’s why I watch all 162 just so happens this year it took 163 games instead,” said Payne.
About five thousand tickets remained available about three hours before the first pitch at Rangers Ballpark in Arlington. While the extra game is expected to bring a little extra money to the city, the impact will be minimal because the game is happening on a school night and very few out-of-towners are here staying in hotels for the game.
- Mississippi Man Arrested In 45-Year-Old El Paso Murder Case
- Mike Fisher: Cowboys May Be Handing Cassel Keys To The Car
- UT’s BEVO XIV Diagnosed With Bovine Leukemia Virus; Retires
- Investigators Say Witness Saw Ex-Gridiron Star Attack Jogger
- Law Enforcement Agencies Recover 149 Child Sex Trafficking Victims
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures