Watauga Police Chase Ends In Grapevine
GRAPEVINE (CBSDFW.COM) – Police attempted to stop a suspect in Watauga early Monday morning, but ended up involved in a chase that wandered all the way to Grapevine, some 13 miles away.
The incident began at about 1:00 a.m. when officers tried to pull over a driver who was suspected of being under the influence. That person was later identified as 22-year-old Kevin Daubig. But the driver did not stop, instead leading squad cars from Watauga and bordering North Richland Hills on a pursuit.
The suspect finally stopped in Grapevine, at the intersection of State Highway 114 and Texan Trail, where he exited his car holding a gun. At that point, authorities from the Grapevine Police Department came to offer assistance and a SWAT unit. The suspect finally dropped his gun after several hours of negotiation.
Officers from Bedford, Hurst and the Tarrant County Sheriff’s Office were also assisting at the scene. The westbound side of State Highway 114 was shut down during this incident. Everything was running smoothly again well before Monday morning’s rush hour.
Daubig was taken into custody and is now being held in North Richland Hills. He has been charged with evading arrest, unlawfully carrying a weapon and deadly contact.
- $5,000 Reward Offered For Information On Cat Burning
- Father And Son Recovering After Dune Buggy Hits Bull
- Injured Rio Vista HS Football Player Joins Team On Sideline
- 2 Found Dead In Wendy’s Parking Lot
- 94-Year-Old Shows Adrenaline Knows No Age Limit
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures