IRVING (105.3 THE FAN) — Dallas Cowboys defensive end Anthony Spencer is undergoing microfracture surgery on his left knee Tuesday, a process that includes stem-cell treatment designed to help promote cartilage growth.
The procedure – chosen after a variety of options were examined, agent Jordan Woy told 105.3 The Fan – could optimally have Spencer healthy by February as the free agent-to-be seeks a new contract.
Spencer was a Pro Bowler last season but has played in just one game for Dallas this year before being placed on injured reserve last week. He’s making $10.6 million this season as a result of him being franchise-tagged. The Cowboys have expressed an interest in finding a way to return him to the roster.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
Sports Stories You May Also Be Interested In:
- Olympic Gymnast Aly Raisman Abused By Ex-Doctor Wants Him To Suffer
- SportsLine’s Top Weekend Picks: NFL Championship Match-Ups
- College Basketball Games Of The Week: Arizona, Stanford Battle For The Top Of The Pac-12
- Where Will The Top College RBs Land?
- GoDaddy Reunites With Danica Patrick To Sponsor ‘Danica Double’