Gas Leak Closes North Texas College Campus
WEATHERFORD (CBSDFW.COM) – A major gas leak in the area has prompted an evacuation and closed the Weatherford College main campus.
A gas company digging in the area hit a line around 3:15 p.m. All students, staff and faculty were evacuated shortly after. Repairs to the gas line were quickly made and there were no injuries reported.
While the compromised gas line was not on campus property, administrators and rescuers erred on the side of caution and cleared the campus. Authorities with the Weatherford College Police Department ordered the evacuation.
Since the evacuations were already made, all Tuesday evening classes on campus are still cancelled.
- A Grieving Mother’s Question to Police: “Wouldn’t You Get Him Medical Treatment Before An Arrest?”
- Report: Fort Worth Police & Fire Taking Longer To Respond
- Security Changes For DFW Airport After Weekend Scare
- Arlington Teen Makes A Wish To Further His Education
- Police: Serial Rapist Offered In-Home Massage And Hair Services
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures