NORTH TEXAS (CBS 11 NEWS) – A lot of North Texas voters are furious over the government shut down.
A CNN poll finds just 10-percent of Americans approve of the job Congress is doing.
The approval rating for Congress has hit historic lows. “I’m not happy with them at all,” said North Texas Dawn Woller.
Another voter, Roderick Presley, echoed that sentiment. “We elect them to go into office not to shut the government down but to keep it up.”
Around Sundance Square a CBS 11 News crew asked North Texans if they were happy with what Congress was doing and several agreed with the poll.
Austin Hutchinson says he may not even vote again because of what’s happening now. “I’m just fed up I don’t even care anymore,” he said. “I voted when I got out of high school now I don’t think I’m going to bother anymore.”
As the clock continues to tick on the shut down at least one person says she believes someone is listening. “I think it’s about time that they start trying to do something about the Obamacare,” Dylynda Herzig said. “Get rid of it. Get it out of there – nobody wants it.”
- Sanders: Democratic Convention Could Be ‘Messy’
- US Appeals Court Revisits Texas Voter ID Law
- Legal Cases Could Affect How Texans Cast Ballots In November
- Texas Education Board’s Leading Candidate Known For Conspiracy Posts
- North Texas AD Rick Villarreal Resigns After 16 Years
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures