Walmart Opens Fort Worth Fulfillment Center
FORT WORTH (CBSDFW.COM) – Walmart on Tuesday morning officially announced a new center in Fort Worth which is dedicated to fulfilling online orders. The 800,000 square foot facility will have 275 full-time positions, and already started shipping out orders last week.
The online fulfillment center deals with thousands of items including clothing, fitness equipment, electronics and toys. “With our dedicated online facilities and 4,100 stores within five miles of two-thirds of the U.S. population, we gain a significant advantage by being positioned in the most important location — close to our customers,” said Joel Anderson, president and CEO of Walmart’s website.
The announcement from Walmart included a statement from Gov. Rick Perry. “I want to thank and congratulate Walmart on its decision to expand operations in Texas,” Perry said. “The decision to locate this new center and help create nearly 300 new jobs in the Metroplex is good business for Walmart, good business for Texas, and it serves as further proof our state’s economy is booming and will continue to grow.”
The company also announced a new center opening in Pennsylvania which, at 1 million square feet, will be its largest one ever. That center employs more than 350 full-time workers and is scheduled to open early next year.
Walmart already fulfills online orders from more than 130 distribution centers across the country. The retailer expects global sales from its e-commerce business to surpass $10 billion this fiscal year.
- Amber Alert Canceled After 3 Children Found In Houston
- Mavs’ Carlisle Fined $25,000 For Criticizing Refs After Loss
- Town Prays For Texas Ice Cream Maker Linked To Listeria
- Texas GOP’s 2016 Presidential hopefuls Call For Strong US
- When It Comes To Your Fantasy Team, Always Be Looking For Someone Better
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures