DALLAS (1080 KRLD) – The National World War II Memorial is just one of the many sites affected Tuesday by the government shutdown in Washington D.C.
But when a group of veterans who fought in World War II showed up today after a long trip from Mississippi, they were not going to be denied a chance to see the Memorial.
Stars and Stripes reporter Leo Shane tells KRLD’s Chris Sommer what unfolded next in the nations capitol.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Exploding Toilets: No Laughing Matter
- Redskins take TCU receiver Doctson With 22nd Pick
- Plant Power Cell Phone Charging Device In Development
- New Mexico Sues Texas Oil Company For Lease Payments
- Oklahoma Legislators Seek Change In Sodomy Law After Ruling
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures