DALLAS (1080 KRLD) – The National World War II Memorial is just one of the many sites affected Tuesday by the government shutdown in Washington D.C.
But when a group of veterans who fought in World War II showed up today after a long trip from Mississippi, they were not going to be denied a chance to see the Memorial.
Stars and Stripes reporter Leo Shane tells KRLD’s Chris Sommer what unfolded next in the nations capitol.
(©2013 CBS Local Media, a division of CBS Radio Inc. All Rights Reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.)
- Report: FBI Reopens Investigation Into Hillary Clinton’s Email Server
- BMW Recalls Over 150,000 Vehicles Because Engines Could Stall
- Prince’s Paisley Park Reopens As Museum
- Parents Charged After Toddler Dies In Fire
- Pedestrian Struck And Killed On Highway 360
- Climber Falls To Her Death In Grapevine
- Tricks To Using The New iPhone Software
- Enter The “Show Your Spirit’ Sweepstakes
- Ben & Skin Parody: Rangers Won’t Die
- Johnny Manziel’s Popularity Plummets
- PHOTOS: Your Pet Pictures